Mentoring and coaching skills building and development
The Effective Mentoring and Coaching resources are designed to be easy to use by CPD leaders in schools and colleges without external training being essential to getting started. However some schools and networks are keen to have a development session which kick starts a coaching programme or which helps to take an established programme to its next level. In these situations training sessions have been found to be helpful, engaging and confidence boosting.
From Training Schools supporting their Trainee teachers in how to be an effective Professional Learner, Special Schools looking for whole school coaching skills to Primary schools encouraging their support staff to co-coach - we can create the right development half or full day for your school.
As well as offering twilight and INSET sessions CUREE also offers a Personalised support package for those who lead CPD in a school. For £1800 you can access:
- a half-suite i.e. three of the resource packs covering Specialist Coaching, Co-coaching, Mentoring or a Whole school approach,
- a starter twilight or full day INSET delivered by one of our consultants in your school,
- a range of tailored research resources such as tasters which provide a focus for co-coaching sessions to improve practice in your school and to embed the learning
- personal consultation and telephone support to help you craft and deliver additional development sessions using the materials
- access to the Effective Mentoring and Coaching website forum where you can find support via our consultants and other users by posting messages and ideas on the discussion boards.
- bi-monthly Newsletter or email communications for School Leaders and others direct to their inbox which highlight recent and useful evidence and tools
- an annual intensive training session held in CUREE’s head office where you can explore the latest knowledge on CPD practice*.
*participants are responsible for their own travel and accommodation.
Development sessions through LA networks and school clusters
CUREE has worked with numerous Local authorities and clusters of schools who want to develop mentors or coaches in their area.
For these schools and Local Authorities we are able to develop a tailor-made training programme. Using a selection of the Effective Mentoring and Coaching materials, sessions can be constructed to fit into a half or full day session or delivered in a programme over a number of terms.
To discuss a bespoke programme for your organisation contact Lisa Bradbury. We are also considering hosting development sessions at the CUREE offices in Coventry which will be open to any interested school CPD leaders. Costs will be in the order of £195 and a discounted rate will be available for subsequent purchase of the Effective Mentoring and Coaching packs. If you are interested in putting your name down for one of these sessions please contact Lisa Bradbury and we will book a session when we have a viable group.