For CPD Providers
CUREE is internationally acknowledged as a centre of expertise in professional development and learning for education professionals. That expertise derives from:
- our deep and extensive command of the published research including four international systematic reviews;
- our own empirical research into CPD provision - including a very recent evaluation of a large sample (75) of providers registered on the TDA database;
- our direct engagement with school leaders and practitioners through consultancy and CPD design and delivery.
Currently available from here are:
- The summary analysis and report of the evaluation of CPD provision in England - report for providers (requires registration)
- CUREE Quality Rating service
TDA Postgraduate Professional Development (PPD) Programme
From 2006 to 2009, CUREE worked with the TDA to produce a setries of reports for the Postgraduate Professional Development (PPD) programme. The reports from each year of the programme can be downloaded here:
TDA Masters in Teaching and Learning Programe
Also for the TDA CUREE created a report drafting principles for professional learning within the context of the Masters in Teaching and Learning (MTL) programme. You can read the reports here.
GTC Review of Websites
GTC required a review of websites, portals or electronic resources that offer access to research on teaching and learning, designed primarily for a teacher audience (examples include the Teacher Training Resource Bank, the Research Informed Practice Site, the Evidence in Education Portal, Practical Research for Education), to inform the way in which Research for Teachers can continue to differentiate itself and add value. This report sets out the results of the review.
TDA Evaluation of CPD Providers on the National CPD Database
These reports provides a snapshot of the range of current CPD provision in England, where it stands in relation to the evidence base on effective CPD, and how much it costs. Their contents will help you as a as a school gain an insight into the current market, and base your decisions when selecting CPD on an understanding of what is available more widely.